Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Memory of Language Arts

I have various memories of language arts; very few of which are pleasant. One of the memories that stands out to me for some reason is getting into small groups in elementary school, and discussing elements like character and setting. This would usually happen in a group of five or more students which would be moderated by a teacher. We would then record our findings in those small blue notebooks that professors sometimes use for test or finals. 
A more positive memory of language arts was having to journal all throughout eight grade. We could either write about a specific topic/ question or just write about whatever we wanted. I chose to write about what was going on in my life. It was therapeutic, interesting, and fun for me to reflect on my daily life. In addition, I can now look back on this journal, which I still have, and see what I was like and/or what was going on at this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment