Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Drafting Process

I'm not sure where the line is drawn between prewriting and drafting because I am technically writing the entire time I am planning my paper, so I guess I'll just continue from where I left off. When drafting, I only do a written draft when absolutely necessary, i.e. when computers are not allowed or available.

After I fill in any necessary information under the topic headings, I write my introduction; if I haven't written it already. Then, I go into the first paragraph and just kinda fill in the blanks. I take all the information I have noted and make it fluid. I do my best to order it in a manner that makes the most sense. I basically blend everything together. This process is a lot like the oil painting above. The colors are still district, yet they all flow together. I continue this process into the rest of the main body paragraphs. My conclusion is basically a rewritten introduction with an interesting final sentence that attempts to sum up the entire paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment