Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Characterization Lesson | Using Disney's Frozen

First, as an introduction to the process of characterization, students will work on this worksheet. A basic traits chart (below) will also be provided to assist in the process. (Students will be able to write in the document by typing on a tablet or computer).










After this, students will watch this video I made on the different types of characterization and how to characterize. I'm having the students watch this afterward so they can gain a better understanding of what they were already doing on the worksheet.






Finally, students will practice characterization using their independent reading books or talking about a character they have read about or seen. They will use this chart to show what they have indirectly learned about their character.

3 comments:

  1. Lindsay,

    This blog post was fantastic! I would just make sure that your students understand what most of the words mean in the Sample Character Traits worksheet before handing them the first worksheet to complete. I loved your video (I'm a huge Frozen fan) and applaud you for taking the time to make it. I'm sure it took quite a bit of time! I also think the worksheet you're providing your students with after they watch the video ties directly into what they just watched. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! Thank you so much for your feedback.

      Delete
  2. That video is honestly amazing. You did a great job I am not good at doing video work such as this so I applaud you. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete