Thursday, November 6, 2014

Narrative Essay: Writing Process 2

The second part of this prewriting process was asking myself how I could build upon the previous concepts to add depth to the world, to the characters and build to the climax.

Rolan is a 14 year old boy who is very hopeful. Like most 14 year olds, he is not quite sure of himself yet.

Alicity is one of Rolan's best friends and a non morpher. She has sort of a motherly vibe to her.

Gemma is Rolan's other best friend and a non morpher. She is very indignant and opinionated. She is not optimistic. Instead, she is very realistic/pessimistic about how things may turn out.

Elder Cetan is in charge of the precinct that Rolan, Alicity, and Gemma live in. Like Rolan, he is a very powerful morpher. He is in his late 40s and has a mysterious air about him.

The rising action: will be the waiting process of Rolan making his request.
The falling action and resolution: will be him annoying this news to Gemma and Alicity.
Twist in the climax: Rolan finds out more than he thought he would from the Elder.

1 comment:

  1. I like how in your blog you walk us through your thought process. We have similar styles of outlining our stories. I know for me, I find organizing my thoughts and the story itself in this way helps to make the process of getting the story out easier. It keeps me in order, it helps me know where I want to go and limits me from going off topic but similarly to how you have done, I do leave room for my creativity to show forth rather than trying to formulate every aspect of the story which I find inhibits the creativity flow.

    ReplyDelete